The Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools (Showcase Awards) are presented annually to Queensland state schools with excellent practices that significantly improve outcomes for students.
The 9 award categories are:
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in the Secondary Years
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Parent and Community Engagement
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Global Engagement
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Rural and Remote Education
- The Showcase Award for Teacher of the Year
- The Jack Pizzey Award for Principal of the Year
- regional award winners and commendation recipients will be announced on Thursday 20 June 2019. Regional award winners will receive a $2000 development grant and commendation recipients a $500 development grant.
- of the regional award winners, 18 state finalists will be announced on Monday 29 July 2019, each receiving 20 free tickets to the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner.
- 9 state award winners will be announced at the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 25 October 2019 in Brisbane. State winners receive a further development grant of $10,000 each for group award categories, or $5,000 each for the teacher and principal award categories.
Submissions close at 5 pm on Friday 17 May 2019. Please refer to the following pages for further information:
For further information please contact the Showcase Awards