The Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools (Showcase Awards) are presented annually to Queensland state schools with excellent practices that significantly improve outcomes for students.
The 10 award categories are:
- Network 10 Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- QSuper Showcase Award for Excellence in the Secondary Years
- QUT Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- RemServ Showcase Award for Excellence in Parent and Community Engagement
- Education Queensland International Showcase Award for Excellence in Global Engagement
- Queensland Teachers' Union Showcase Award for Excellence Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Teachers Mutual Bank Showcase Award for Excellence in Rural and Remote Education
- Teachers Health Showcase Award for Teacher of the Year
- Griffith University Jack Pizzey Award for Principal of the Year
- Southern Cross University Showcase Board’s Choice Award.
- regional award winners and commendation recipients were announced on Tuesday 25 June 2019. Regional award winners received a $2,000 development grant and commendation recipients received a $500 development grant.
- of the regional award winners, 19 state finalists were announced on Monday 29 July 2019, each receiving 20 free tickets to the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner
- 10 award winners were announced at the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 25 October 2019 in Brisbane. State winners received a further development grant of $10,000 each for group award categories, $5,000 each for the teacher and principal award categories and $2,500 for the board’s choice category.
For further information please contact the Showcase Awards